Thursday, May 14, 2009
ENT visit and spontaneous hearing test
I took Shae to the ENT today to check out how her eardrum is healing. Turns out it is healed and the fluid behind the drum is gone. YAY!!! So we will return to the ENT in October, assuming that there is no new infection over the summer. If she starts to get fluid built up in the eardrum again, the ENT will put in another tube. I was kind of expecting him to want to put one in sooner, so I am grateful for the reprieve. Since Shae is due for a hearing test next month, Dr. O asked the audiologist to do it today. Probably the best thing to come out of today's appointment is that the audiologist was fabulous and really clicked with Shae. The results of the hearing test weren't so terrific, but we are going to go back to the same audiologist in 1 month. If there isn't any improvement, we will likely be ordering Shae a BAHA. But I am thrilled to have found an audiologist that Shae really liked and who took the time to see what worked for her. It made such a difference!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment