Thursday, June 4, 2009
Geneticist update...
The visit with the geneticist went very well today. Dr. G is very happy with Shae's progress, and even said that it was really nice to see a kid who is doing so well. She's developing 100% normally. I did ask about her weight - the pediatrician tracks her pretty closely because she is skinny for her age, although she is tall. The geneticist said that she is fine and looks great. Shae does continue to have some facial asymmetry, but it's not significant enough to impact her airway or cause her any issues. Which we had already figured out, but it was still good to have confirmation. Dr. G just said to watch her jaw growth. In a week and a half, we go to see the plastic surgeon. Dr. G said he might recommend that we see the craniofacial team (which includes the plastic surgeon, the geneticist, an orthodontist, psychologist, ENT, speech pathologist, etc.) I'm completely open to that, if he feels it's necessary. As much as all these appointments can be overwhelming, I would much prefer to know that I have gotten Shae the best, most comprehensive care available. The upshot of all of this is that we don't have to go back to the geneticist, unless it's as part of our visit to the craniofacial team. And that is very, very good news!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment