Saturday, June 27, 2009

Soft Tissue Reconstruction

Since this seems to be the way we're going, I've been researching soft tissue reconstruction of the ear. You'd be surprised how little real information is out there. Finally, I found a great blog by a surgeon/quilter who writes a medical/sewing blog. There's a really great description with illustrations that show a procedure that is much like what the surgeon will do with Shae. Check it out. I am getting very, very impatient, and feeling very, very anxious. But I do truly feel this is the way to go for Shae.

1 comment:

  1. I hope the operation you choose is successful. I had 3 soft tissue reconstructions, 2 of which were unsuccessful (the second 2). But I was operated on at a time where little was know about Microtia (in 1993), by someone who was not a specialist in Microtia. However I had the rib graft and that was incredibly successful.

    I just thought I'd share my experience. I do not regret my 3 previous surgeries, even if they weren't the most successful, nor do I have any ill feelings towards my parents who decided I should have the operations. I knew they did it to help me.

    I hope Shae's goes well :)

    ReplyDelete