October was a busy month, but we had the most fun at the Kidney Walk at the zoo! Even though Shae's kidney issues have never been life threatening, they've always been a concern to us. We just didn't know what would happen long-term if the reflux didn't clear up. Infections from kidney reflux can cause scarring and damage to the kidneys that can impact a person later on in life. So when I saw the billboard on the highway about the Kidney Walk, I instantly thought, "We have to do that!" Our group started out with just me plus the three kids, and grew from there! We ended up with 15 people, and raised about $1200.00. Not too shabby!!! It was a great day and we felt like we helped make a difference. Even though Shae has been released from the care of the urologist, I still think we'll do it again next year. There are so many people who deal with kidney disease every day, and it's such an important cause.
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment