Tuesday, March 30, 2010

2 1/2 weeks into the BAHA trial

Shae's been doing awesome with her magic headband. Her favorite one so far is a pink and purple design with glittery faerie shaped buttons. She wears it every day to preschool, and most of the rest of the day. So she's been wearing it at least 8 hours a day, usually more. Considering that the doctor originally told me we shouldn't bother with it because 90% of kids won't wear it, I think this is a success. She will also tell me if it's accidentally switched off or the volume is turned too low. All in all, we are very excited about it. Shae has always been a bundle of energy, but now she's even more talkative and expressive. And I almost never hear "Huh?!?!" out of her mouth anymore. I made the appointment with Miss Rebecca for the middle of April, so hopefully by then, Shae will have her very own BAHA and we can return the loaner to the hospital. Fingers and toes crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment