Thursday, April 8, 2010

Surgery Scheduled


I posted about a month ago that we were waiting on the insurance company to approve Shae's surgery. Well, miracle of miracles, I got the call yesterday that the approval came through without a hitch.


Which is wonderful... except I found out that my company is being sold, and my insurance will be changing on July 1st. Due to the nature of the sale, we have not been given any info about what our insurance will be after settlement. We had planned on doing Shae's surgery in July or August, after our vacation. The little matter of insurance changes the situation quite a bit.


After speaking with my department head, I realized that the only sure way of getting Shae her operation is to alter our plans.


We are now scheduled for surgery on May 4. This will give us more than enough time for her ear to heal up for our big family vacation in Disney. I'm still digesting this rather unexpected turn of events, but I'm sure I'll have plenty to say about it as we get closer to the date (only approx. 3 weeks away!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment