Tuesday, May 4, 2010

FINALLY!!!! Surgery Day is O-V-E-R!





Ready to go...








Still waiting oh-so-patiently....






ALL DONE!!!!



Shae did fantastic! The nurses gave her some Versed and she giggled her way to the OR, where they finished administering the rest of the anesthesia. 4+ LONG hours later (I am skipping over the tedium of Steve and I in the waiting room, but the nurse liason was awesome, giving us hourly updates with exactly what the Dr was doing), it was time to go back to the recovery area where Shae had already woken up. She needed a little pain medication, but was resting quite comfortably (as you can see by the picture accompanying this post.) Less than 1 hr and a half later, we were on our way home. She's currently watching Beauty and the Beast with Daddy, and has eaten some Jell-O. She took her medicine like a champ and hopefully, we will all get to sleep a bit tonight, because I, for one, am seriously tired. I can only imagine how drained Shae must be as well.

So far, the ear looks awesome. I can't wait for the stitches and the dressing to come out so I can get a better idea of the end result, but it does look good. I took a couple very blurry pictures that I won't bother to gross everyone out with, but I will post some next week once the stitches are out.

No comments:

Post a Comment