Time is really flying by now. I can't believe that the surgery is the day after tomorrow already. So we are gathering together all of the things that we will need for Tuesday. I already did a grocery store run to buy things that can be easily prepped for meals all week, and things like applesauce, ice pops, Jell-O, and juice boxes in case Shae's not quite ready for real food right away.
Here's what we've gotten so far for surgery day (in case anyone else finds themselves in the same situation):
Zip up jammies and button down shirts (so we don't have to pull anything over a sore ear)
Extra undies (with Minnie Mouse on them, in anticipation of Disney!!!)
Fun patterned socks for the OR
Some new books to keep Shae entertained pre-op
Her stuffed animal that she's allowed to keep with her (with a Padre Pio medal sewn inside, for extra blessings)
My nook, to keep me occupied in the waiting room (best Christmas present ever from my wonderful parents!!!)
Extra clothing for both Shae and me in case we need to stay overnight (hopefully not!)
The hospital will call tomorrow to let us know what time we need to be there, and tomorrow night will be fasting night. Last solid food 8 hours before, only clears up to 2 hours before, nothing after that. Hopefully, we have an early surgery time. The first arrival is 6:15, which would be fantastic, because I have a feeling I'll be up anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment